Over in the public board, all 12 zones have elections, many zones with 5 or 6 candidates!!
Why the huge difference? Some possibilities..
– Catholic parents care less
– so many non-Catholic parents send their kids OCSB and they cant run for OCSB (some schools are majority non Catholic, even nominally Catholic)
– OCSB refuse to broadcast their meetings, even on Periscope. It is run like a closed shop with OECTA-approved “liberal” trustees – the ones that go to St Joes parish.
– no published OCSB votes. They dont even report non-unanimous votes
– meetings are boring! Nothing contentious discussed – most meetings consist of approving staff recommendations and approving european student trips and listening to provincial education rules (province does 90% of real education decisions). 99% of OCSB votes are unanimous
– the OCSB board is radically anti-Catholic – at least 2 trustees march in Gay pride, Regan P is proabort. 1 faithful Catholic trustee will make zero difference
– OECTA has a tighter control of elections than ETFO and OSSTF. only union approved candidates win.
– faithful Catholics are too busy with things like homeschooling
What do YOU think are reason why?